Udai OMNI hospital has a 24/7 emergency department, and is well equipped to treat bone fractures and joint dislocations as well as severe soft tissue injuries caused by traumatic events like accidents, sports-related injuries and falls. The surgical team also has a rich experience in treatment complicated fractures as a result of delayed treatment, infections and mis-management.
Common orthopaedic traumatic injuries include:
- Hip fractures
- Fractures of the humerus, including the proximal humerus, humeral shaft and supracondylar humerus fractures
- Scapula fractures
- Fractures of the foot, including calcaneus and talus fractures
- Ankle fractures
- Wrist fractures, including distal radius fractures
- Intra-articular fractures involving the knee, including distal femur and tibial plateau fractures
- Intra-articular fractures of the ankle (Pilon fractures)
- Pelvic fractures
- Open and closed fractures of the femur and tibia
Our surgeons are fellowship trained in orthopaedic traumatology and can provide apt diagnosis and stablise the fracture or soft tissue injury, in order to maximse function.
FRACTURES OF SPINE
- 24 Year old young man met with Road traffic accident and sustained injury to his upper back. He was in severe pain, not able to walk and was admitted to nearby hospital. Subsequently he was shifted to Udai Omni hospital.
- A diagnosis of fracture of D7 and D8 vertebra was made (upper back vertebrae) the spine was bent forwards more than normal(Kyphosis) and he sustained ligament and muscle damage in the upper back.
- He was evaluated and was operated the following day. His spine was stabilized with rods and screws and the patient was out of bed the next day. He had excellent correction of deformity of his spine and his pain was significantly reduced after surgery.
THE NECK FRACTURES – FRACTURE OF C2 : ODONTOID FRACTURE
- A 22 year old man met with a road traffic accent and broke his neck
- X rays and scans revealed a fracture of Odontoid (2nd vertebra in the neck)
- Fractures of neck can be devastating with complications ranging from death to complete paralysis
- A simple screw fixation with a small incision is all that is required to fix these fractures
- Excellent healing and complete restoration of neck movements following these modern surgical techniques
ADVANTAGES OF ODONTOID SCREW
- Traditional methods of surgery would result in gross restriction of neck rotations and movement
- Odontoid screw : Following this modern technique there is no restriction of neck movements and rapid recovery