Urologic diseases or conditions include urinary tract infections, kidney and bladder stones, bladder control problems and prostate problems, among others. Some urologic conditions last only a short time, while others are long-lasting.
The urologist team at Udai Omni hospital provide a wide range of specialist urological assessment and medical and surgical services. They treat all urological conditions such as Cancer, Stones, Incontinence,enlarged Prostate, Erectile Dysfunction
Conditions and treatments
- Kidney Stones can be treated via ESWL or via ureteroscopy
- Bladder stones can be treated by ultrasound waves or laser or washed out of the bladder by fluids
- Ureteric stones could be treated conservatively, ESWL (Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy) or in some cases via surgery.
- Cancer: results from abnormal growth and division of cells resulting in a cellular mass or tumor. This could be benign or malignant
- Prostate Cancer: Treatment varies from treating conservatively to surgery
- Bladder Cancer treatments involve Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy or surgery
- Kidney & Adrenal Cancer: Treatments for Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC) include Laparoscopic/ Partial/ Radical Nephrectomy. The main advantage for Laparoscopy treatment is that patients can return to normalcy very quickly usually within a week unlike 6 to 8 weeks after an open operation.
- Testicular Cancer is one of the rare forms of cancer treated via chemotherapy
- Urinary Incontinence: is loss of normal control of the bladder can be caused by weak/ overactive bladder muscles, Urinary Tract Infections (UTI), neurological disorders. Treatment depends on the cause, sex and severity of the problem. The options available include medications, behavioural therapy such as kegel exercises.
- Enlarged Prostate or Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) can be treated conservatively or via drug therapy or in some cases via surgery. The most common type of surgery for relieving BPH is TransUrethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
- Erectile Dysfunction is treatable irrespective of the age
- Microsurgical Vasectomy reversal
- Varicocele and other disorders of the testis and scrotum
- Testosterone disorders