Dr. Vidyasagar Chandankere
About Dr. Vidyasagar Chandankere
MBBS, MS, Fellowship Pediatric Orthopedics
Symptoms: Bow legs, knock knees, clubfoot, toe walking, flatfoot, short leg, foot deformity, limping child
Diagnosis: genu Varum, genu valgum, flatfoot, cerebral palsy, ctev, DDH, CDH, hip dislocation, trigger thumb, radioulnar synostosis, sprengel’s shoulder, osteogenesis imperfecta, exostosis, bone cyst, septic arthritis, osteomyelitis, tarsal coalition, leg length discrepancy, perthe’s disease, SCFE, hallux valgus
Scope of Surgery: Deformity correction, Ponseti technique, tenotomy, tendon transfer, tenotomy, intramedullary nailing, excision biopsy, growth modulation, osteotomy, arthrotomy and drainage, flatfoot reconstruction, In-situ pinning, amputation, soft tissue release.
- 2005 – 2008: MS (Ortho) – RGUHS, Bangalore, India.
- 1997 – 2002: MBBS – Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli, India.
- Consultant Pediatric orthopedic surgeon at Sunshine Hospitals, Secundrabad (Nov 2012 – Present)
- Assistant professor at Medicity Medical college, Hyderabad (May 2017 – Nov 2017)
- Clinical fellow Duchess of Kent at childrens hospital, Hong kong (July 201 – Dec 2016)
- Consultant Mother Care Hospital at Kerala (June 2012 – Oct 2012)
- Specialist King Khalid Hospital at KSA (June 2010 – May 2012)
- Assistant Professor Christian Medical College, Vellore (Nov 2009 – April 2010)
- Tutor Christian Medical College, Vellore (Aug 2009 – Nov 2009)
- Assistant Professor Navodaya Medical College & Reaserch Hospital, Raichur (Sep 2008 – Aug 2009)
- Junior consultant Mar Baselios Medical Mission Hospital, Kerala (May 2008 – June 2008)
- Clinical Fellow in pediatric orthopedics: Duchess of Kent Children’s hospital, Hong Kong
- Fellowship Pediatric Orthopedics, SIOR Pune
Memberships in Honorary and Professional Societies
- SICOT – Associate member
- Pediatric Orthopedic Society of India – Life member
- Indian Orthopedic Association – Life member
- Frequency of complications in early and late presentation cases of fracture neck of femur in children: POSICON Jan 3-6, 2019.
- Management of lateral condyle fractures in children & Management of supracondylar humerus fracture with Pink pulse less hand, At PIMS, Madurai Aug 2018.
- “ Principles of DDH management in walking children” at TOSACON 2017.
- “ Physeal injuries in children” at TOSACON 2016.
- “Classification of physeal injuries and their broad management” On 22/6/2014 at Marriot convention hall, Hyderabad, India. Trauma Conclave under banner of Pediatric orthopedic society of India and Trauma society of India.
- Medial approach to Hip: Results over 30 years followup at DKCH, Hong Kong Status: Incomplete
- Frequency of complications in early and late presenters in fracture neck of femur in children : Ongoing
- Title: Simultaneous bilateral neck of femur fracture in an adoloscent secondary to hypocalcemic seizures, JPO Br 2018
- Title: Expert Opinion – Treatment for Buckle Fractures in Children
- Source: CMC CME review
- Dates: Dec issue 2010