Dr. Vidyasagar Chandankere
About Dr. Vidyasagar Chandankere
MBBS, MS (Ortho)
Symptoms: Bow legs, knock knees, clubfoot, toe walking, flatfoot, short leg, foot deformity, limping child
Diagnosis: genu Varum, genu valgum, flatfoot, cerebral palsy, ctev, DDH, CDH, hip dislocation, trigger thumb, radioulnar synostosis, sprengel’s shoulder, osteogenesis imperfecta, exostosis, bone cyst, septic arthritis, osteomyelitis, tarsal coalition, leg length discrepancy, perthe’s disease, SCFE, hallux valgus
Scope of surgery: Deformity correction, Ponseti technique, tenotomy, tendon transfer, tenotomy, intramedullary nailing, excision biopsy, growth modulation, osteotomy, arthrotomy and drainage, flatfoot reconstruction, In-situ pinning, amputation, soft tissue release.
- Clinical Fellow in pediatric orthopedics: Duchess of Kent Children’s hospital, Hong Kong
- Fellowship Pediatric Orthopedics, SIOR Pune
- Medial approach to Hip: Results over 30 years followup at DKCH, Hong Kong Status: Incomplete
- Frequency of complications in early and late presenters in fracture neck of femur in children : Ongoing
- Title: Simultaneous bilateral neck of femur fracture in an adoloscent secondary to hypocalcemic seizures, JPO Br 2018
- Title: Expert Opinion – Treatment for Buckle Fractures in Children
- Source: CMC CME review
- Dates: Dec issue 2010
Free medical camp for under privileged and neglected children in Bagalkot.