Dr. Pradeep Monoot
About Dr. Pradeep Monoot
MBBS (Bom), MS (Ortho)(Bom), DNB (Orth), MRCS (UK), FRCS (Ortho) (UK)
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
I am practicing as a Consultant in Orthopaedics and Podiatry in Mumbai since 2013 after working in UK for the last 12 years I am the only knee foot and ankle specialist in the country and have more than 15 years of clinical and research experience in orthopaedics in both UK and India. I did the largest number of Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in NHS (UK) last year.
I have had the privilege to be trained by the most prominent ranked names in this field like Prof Michael Freeman, Mr. Andy Williams, Dr. Andreas Weiler, Mr. RW. Parkinson and Mr. James Calder in UK and Prof Alonso, Dr. Stannard and Dr. David Volgas in US that helped me built strong foundations In my profession.
- FRCS(Tr & Ortho),Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh,2011
- MRCS,Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh,2003
- MS (Ortho),University of Mumbai,2000
- DNB (Ortho),National Board of India,2000
- MBBS,Seth G.S. Medical College University of Mumbai,1997
- Worked 7 yrs in Mumbai and more than 10 years in UK and gained tremendous experience in complex
- Trauma and elective surgery.
- Complex foot and ankle problems including trauma
- Ankle arthroscopy and reconstructive surgeries for ankle instability, arthritis, etc.
- Diabetic and Rheumatoid foot
- Primary and Revision knee and arthroplasty
- Unicompartmental and Patellofemoral arthroplasty
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament and ligament reconstruction
- Arthroscopic menisectomy and Meniscal repair
- Reviewer for multiple Journals
- Panel member for ethics committee at in UK and Mumbai Hinduja Hospital
- Attended and conducted conferences in India, Europe, US, Australia
- Fellowships in USA, UK & Europe
- Visiting teaching faculty at University of London
- Tutoring DNB & medical students
- Setting up RCT and reference material for Arthroscopy practitioner.
PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS
- 4 review articles
- 18 paper publications
- 35 International presentations and posters
- 4 in process of publication.
- The only dedicated Knee, Foot & Ankle Specialist in the country with Fellowship trained in
- Knee, Hip and Foot and Ankle at world leading centres.
- Chair of the Foot and Ankle Symposium at WIROC, 2014 & 2015
- Convener of Bombay Ortho Society Foot and Ankle Course 2014,2015 and 2016
- Faculty Member on various national and international courses and conference.
- Worked with Pioneers of Knee Replacement like Professor Michael Freeman
- Collaborated the development of a new knee replacement and on the panel for another
- Knee design
- Trained at leading orthopaedic centres like UCLH, London and centres with largest
- number of joint replacement in UK
- More than 100 international and national publications and presentations
- Editorial board of various orthopaedic journals including INJURY, Indan J of Orthopaedics.
- AO Trauma Fellowship with Prof. Alonso – Birmingham, USA
- Research projects of University of Florida –USA looking at the movement of knee
- Replacement with the help of x ray
- Set up multiple research projects with Pfizer Bayer, Depuy, Smith & Nephew
- MD (Research) at University at London
- Silver medal in MS(ORTHO)- University of Mumbai.